Soccer too much?
To soccer or not to soccer?
That is the question I asked. You see.. I just played a 2 hour game on Saturday morning. And in the evening I got an SMS from Lawrence, one of the group I used to play with. He asked if we (SF5 members) wanted to play on Sunday, "same time, same place" - that means basketball court at Lorong Lew Lian.
I had played keeper in the morning on Saturday, and I was not exactly satisfied of the amount of soccer I had compared to what I used to have when playing "left back". Although I do like playing the keeper position, the feeling is entirely different when playing on the field or when playing street soccer at basketball court. Since the other members of my group were not keen, I was the only person, seemingly "still" interested in going. Heck! I decided to go.
Hard court game is usually more strenuous, high pace with lots of sprinting up and down the court. I wanted that.
Man, I was sort of glad I went. The games were fun, though I was a bit disappointed, as usual of Lawrence and his gang punctuality - one of the cons. There were 3 different groups, that if I put myself belonging to Lawrence's group. Total of about 24 players. A knockout game, 5-aside, with winner stay.
The knockout game was long when the playing groups were unable to score. After we played and lost a game we had to wait close to noon before we get to play the next one. By then the first group of about 12 left. Leaving "our" group with another group. That is when we get to play consecutively 3 goals.
I know I have the advantage of speed and managed to "steal" some passes. This caused some complaints among the opposing team members. Fitness was a problem with those sprints after a short while. I was literally panting.
Anyway, I do feel that the time I spent on weekly Saturday game make a difference on my stamina. At least I lasted longer than before. And I get my headers too.. considering it was not a common thing in the past.
Oh yes, it was blazingly hot - a good time for some suntan? Haha .. When I finally left, they still continue to play.
Well if Lawrence ever SMS to play again, I will still consider to go. But I definitely I will not go that early - at least I get to sleep later. If any of you sdynamos team interested, let me know and I will inform you then.
To quote YK "One can never have enough soccer". I think I can relate to that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home